- Thrift travel book revealed as hoax will not be recalled
- Law changes fines for tax violators
- UN opens global call for nominations to identify local sustainable development solutions that can change the world
- Vietnamese students good at learning, bad at work
- Vietnam, Hong Kong sign supplementary protocol to avoid double taxation
(VOV) – As many as 300 delegates and 200 senior tax experts are expected to gather in Hanoi for the 21stannual conference of the Asia-Oceania Tax Consultants Association (AOTCA 21) from October 17-18.
This is the first time Vietnam has been selected to host the event after five years of its AOTCA membership.
The conference will focus on six major topics regarding preferential tax policies for investment encouragement, an advance pricing agreement (APA), legal regulations on tax evasion and impacts on tax consultants, tax payers’ rights and obligations, taxable income and profit shifting – the cause and effects of developing countries and principles of Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
Vietnam Tax Consultants’ Association (VTCA) President Nguyen ThiCuc, said that AOTCA 21 would touch upon issues related to Vietnam’s financial and tax policies and gave the Vietnam Ministry of Finance and relevant agencies a chance to talk about the country’s economic development and international integration as well as tax policies, especially tax policy system reform.
The Vietnam Tax Consultants’ Association joined the AOTCA in 2008 as an observer and became the association’s full member in 2009.