- Opportunity to Promote Institutional Reform, Improving Business Environment
- NAV's Chief Representative visits and wishes a happy Tet to the provincial leaders
- Deputy Chairman Le Truong Luu works with representative of German Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs and APOPO
- Quang Ninh provincial leader works with SE Group
- Thua Thien-Hue focuses on job training for tourism
DA NANG (VNS)— A tremor rocked the Bac Tra My district of Quang Nam province and Song Tranh 2 hydro-power plants yesterday, according to Tran Anh Tuan, Deputy Chairman of the district’s People’s Committee.
No injuries or damage to the dam and residential houses have been reported, Tuan told Viet Nam News.
“We were reassured by the Earthquake and Tsunami Warning Centre under the Institute of Geophysics that the tremor measured 3.3 on the richter scale and lasted only a few seconds,” he said.
“We could feel the little shake.”
According to the Earthquake and Tsunami Warning Centre, the tremor, with a seismic depth of 5.5km, was not significant enough to cause damage to houses or buildings.
Experts concluded that the sequence of tremors in the area was due to seismic activity caused by water stored in the hydropower plant reservoir.
About 25 tremors were recorded near the hydro-power plant between October 3 and November 16 last year. An earthquake measuring 4.7 o the richter scale was also recorded during that time, affecting 13 districts and townships in the central province and damaging more than 1,000 houses and 20 public sites. — VNS