PANO – Some localities across the country have recently finished preparations and also handed over selected youth to army units in the second enlistment drive of 2013.
On September 6th, Senior Lieutenant General Do Ba Ty, Deputy Defence Minister cum Chief of the General Staff of the Vietnam People’s Army, attended a meeting to hand over 115 recruits in Cao Phong district, Hoa Binh province, for national service.
* Also the same day, Senior Lieutenant General Ngo Xuan Lich, Director of the General Department of Politics, joined a ceremony to hand over 300 recruits to army units in Ha Nam province.
* In the morning of September 6th, Thai Binh province held a ceremony to send 1,500 recruits to 12 units of the Ministry of National Defence and Military Zone 3.
* On September 5th, Dac Lac province handed over about 1,500 recruits, including 300 ethnic minority people, from 8 districts, to Army Corps 3, the provincial Border Guard Command, Commando Brigade 198, Division 2, the Coffee one-member Co. Ltd. No.15 and Regiment 584.
Especially, 3.8 percent of the recruits are members of the Communist Party of Vietnam, while 17 men are students in local universities.
* The same day, a working delegation, led by Major General Dang Van Giang, Deputy Commander cum Chief of the Staff of Military Zone 2, inspected preparations for training courses for new recruits in Regiments 148 and 98, under Division 316.
* Recently, Hai Phong City instructed local authorities and relevant agencies to complete preparations for the second enlistment drive this year.
In addition, they also sent delegations to present gifts and saving books worth VND 1.2 billion to the needy recruits’ families.
Translated by Pham Huy