- 15th Hai Duong provincial People's Council's 6th Session opens
- Prizes of "Joining forces for new countryside construction" writing contest awarded
- Coordination in propagation to ensure traffic order and safety
- Active propaganda for 2013 Con Son - Kiep Bac Fall Festival
- Cambodian press official group works with Hai Duong Newspaper
(VOV) – A huge blaze broke out early on September 15 at a four-storey commercial centre in Hai Duong city, about 65km from Hanoi capital.
- A huge fire in HCM City’s industrial park
- Hanoi petrol station fire in photos
- Sacombank Depot on fire
The fire, said to start at 01.00am from a bamboo kiosk outside the centre, quickly swept through the whole building that houses a variety of commodities of more than 500 traders.
The provincial Fire Brigade had to mobilise all fire trucks from its fleet and others from nearby localities to extinguish the roaring blaze that burnt down almost all kiosks inside the centre.
At 8.40am, the fire was basically under control. However, due to the extensive damage done by the fire the centre is now very unsafe and at risk of collapsing.
The relevant authorities cordoned off the area around the centre to conduct further investigation.
Hai Duong newspaper reported that six security guards were on duty when the fire broke out.
It is estimated that the fire costs traders more than VND400 billion. Some traders said they had just stockpiled goods valued billions of Vietnam Dong for the upcoming winter.
This is the biggest fire that has occurred in Hai Duong so far.
Some images of the fire. (Some photos taken by Hai Duong Newspaper):