- Continuing to push up socio-economic development, education and training renovation and firm national defence for Viet Nam's everlasting existence (*)
- New points in revised Constitution
- Revisions to the 1992 Constitution debated by National Assembly
- 8th party plenum decides key national issues
- Committee on Drafting Amendments to the 1992 Constitution convenes its 8th plenary
(VOVworld) – Thousands of supporters of ousted President Mohamed Morsi rallied in capital Cairo and several provinces on Tuesday for “Dignity and Freedom for Egyptian Women”. Demonstrators demanded Morsi be reinstated and showed their opposition to the detention and killing of women participating in peaceful protests. This is the first time since bloody clashes in mid August that the Islamists have demonstrated in the heavily-guarded centre of Cairo.
Military and security forces were put on alert prior to protests. The Special Police and Central Security Forces were densely deployed to Talaat Harb square, a kilometer away from famous Tahrir square. Meanwhile the army with their armored vehicles is blocking roads to Tahrir square.
Also on Tuesday, the 50-member constitutional amendment committee, representing all sectors of the Egyptian society, elected 5 heads of its sub-committees including the Dialogue and Community Outreach Committee, the Freedoms and Political Rights Committee, the Governance System Committee, the Primary Fundamentals Committee, and the Drafting Committee. They have 3 weeks to work on proposals related to the constitution.
The same day, prosecutors in Beni Suef province ordered a 15-day custody to 10 Muslim Brotherhood members and 44 other people suspected of undermining public order and setting fire and sabotaging several police stations in Beni Suef province and Semesta and Ihnasia town.