- The project "Green Exchange 2014": Together We Protect Environment
- Japanese trading, art and culture exhibition opens in capital city
- Continued reforms key to Viet Nam's vision of modern, industrialized nation
- Scholarships to study Japanese language, culture in Japan
- GE offers $34,500 in scholarships to Vietnamese students
With the motto ‘Side by side or miles apart, our friendship crosses borders,’ student Nguyen Xuan Hieu has won first prize in a slogan contest held to mark the 40th anniversary of diplomatic ties.
Hieu, a student at the Foreign Trade University in Ho Chi Minh City, has won a VND150 million scholarship to study English in Australia, and an additional VND30 million scholarship from the Vietnam-Australia Society (VAS).
Addressing the awards ceremony in Ho Chi Minh City on July 20, the Australian General Consul to the city, John McAnulty, said he was impressed by the quality of the entries.
He declared that Vietnam and Australia have maintained a strong relationship over the past 40 years and remarked that the important anniversary is being celebrated with a string of events in the spheres of culture, education and sports.
The contest was jointly organised by the VAS, the Vietnam Union of Friendship Organisations, the Vietnam-Australia Friendship Organisation in Ho Chi Minh City and the city’s Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union. It took place between May 22 and July 20.